[OSGeo-Conf] Logo for FOSS4G 2008

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Oct 3 18:47:02 EDT 2007

> Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> Regarding c) I wonder if maybe the passes should be available for
>> 2008 only.  Thoughts?  We do need to thank the original owners for
>> the foss4g domain for their vision.

I don't think so. I think if our preferred domain is being held hostage,
we should find a different one. I think if this "offer" was on the table
when we were choosing the conference name ("and by the way, we want
passes in perpetuity and recognition in perpetuity") we would have been
far more leery of choosing the name in the first place.

   Paul Ramsey
   Refractions Research
   http://www.refractions.net
   pramsey at refractions.net