[OSGeo-Conf] 2009 RFP draft review

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 25 10:34:25 EDT 2007

Hi,
In the meeting yesterday the voting method was brought up and discussed.
This is good and I'm fine with what was decided. I would add a note in
the draft document to say if the vote results will be disclosed with the
per-voters details or not.

However the voting proccess should also be described to the broader
community (OSGeo-Discuss) before we make the final call.

I think that for important decisions (Conference, Board elections, etc.)
the voting process should be described before the actual vote. I'm not
saying to start a debate on OSGeo-Discuss about this. In fact I would
probably add a note at the end of the message to tell people to come
discuss this on the Conference list. This communication effort to the
broader community would probably be very welcome from other members.

I can prepare a message for the Chair if you want it to be official (is
it an official statement?) or can send it directly. Are results
disclosed or not?

My $0.02
Julien
PS: I'm for disclosing the results, but not the by voter details, even
if I don't vote.
PPS: Are the Conference committee members are elected by the board or
can we just add our names to the wiki? Does this give us a voting right?
It's not clear in the wiki.

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for attending the draft meeting today.  I've
> incorporated everyone's feedback into the document, available below.
> Please take a look and if we don't hear anything by the end of the day
> tomorrow we'll go ahead with the RFP release tomorrow.
>
> -jeff
>

>> PDF:
>> http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2009/osgeo-conference-2009-request-for-proposal.pdf
>>

>> OpenOffice: