[OSGeo-Conf] Encouraging cities to re-bid next year

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:19:13 EST 2008

Conference committee,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I'm hopeful that cities
that are not selected for FOSS4G2010 are encouraged to submit again for
2011 (and avoid the situation where only one city bid for 2009).

To achieve this, I suggest that each city is given feedback on their
proposal, both positive and negative, and suggestions as to what they
should do in a re-bid.
You might want to rank the bids too, although that may be getting a bit
political.

In particular, there should be some indication about the regions that
are likely to be considered the following year. Eg: If FOSS4G is in
Europe one year, it probably won't be in Europe the following year.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally