[OSGeo-Conf] Question from the back of the room

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 26 11:15:50 EST 2008

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> Did FOSS4G 2007 provide any sort of discount on registration fees for
> presenters?  Will the 2008 group (or the 2009 group) provide any
> discounts?

Michael,

As noted, presenters for 30minutes presentations have not normally received
any discount.  But workshop presenters have in 2007 (and perhaps before).
Workshops are quite a bit more work to prepare, relatively few are done,
and they actually generate revenue.  So I hope we will keep offering a
discount or free registration for workshop presenters with the understanding
that this helps get better workshop proposals, and isn't a huge hit on the
budget since we can host relatively few workshops anyways.

Best regards,