[OSGeo-Conf] Question from the back of the room

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Feb 25 20:25:14 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 16:45 -0800, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> Did FOSS4G 2007 provide any sort of discount on registration fees for
> presenters?  Will the 2008 group (or the 2009 group) provide any
> discounts?
2006/07 had no discounts for presenters.  I suspect the thinking is if
you're not willing to do it for the love and passion of it, then don't
bother (ok, so I've probably put that way too harshly).  On a more
practical note, there are probably too many to give discounts without
gouging a hole in the budget.  There were discounts for workshop
organisers though.  They had a lot more work to do, and are a big
selling point for attendees.  So far the '09 team haven't got that far,
but I suspect we won't be breaking tradition there.

Tim Bowden