[OSGeo-Conf] Conference policy

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jul 18 09:49:16 EDT 2008

The status is:
- the current event policy[1] has been reviewed by the conference
committee
- with some notable disagreements the policy has been accepted by the
committee

Current challenges:
- high interest in the policy means the committee's acceptance process
has seen votes and comments from non-committee members, and we have
tried to incorporate all feedback from all parties

Moving Forward:
- I agree that a verbal meeting is required.  I would like to schedule
a conference call (early next week) with the goal of finalizing this
policy.  If board members can be involved in that meeting then that is
even better.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Official_OSGeo_Event_Policy

-jeff