[OSGeo-Conf] Conference policy

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jul 18 11:26:08 EDT 2008

On second thought, to move forward, we will do the following:

1) Have an IRC meeting in #osgeo this Tuesday [1] to review the
policy[2]  as it is now.  All conference committee members are
encouraged to attend, as well as Board members, and community members
(anyone that is interested in other words).  The goal of this meeting
is to hold a forum for discussion on the proposed policy and see if
any changes are required.  Once the meeting is concluded and the
agreed modifications are made, no additional changes are to be made to
the policy page until the following steps are completed:
2) The conference committee members will then have 2 business days
(Wednesday and Thursday) to vote on the updated policy.
3) The committee's decision will be announced on Friday the 25th on
the conference-dev list.
4) If the policy is approved, on Friday the 25th the policy will be
recommended to the Board.  If the policy is not approved, another IRC
meeting will be scheduled the following week for more discussions.

I hope this process meets the approval of all conference committee
members.  I deeply apologize for the confusion.

-jeff

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=22&year=2008&hour=15&min=0&sec=0
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Official_OSGeo_Event_Policy