[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G impact survey - possibility?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 3 00:12:43 EDT 2008

On 30-May-08, at 2:36 PM, jo at frot.org wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 08:35:07PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
> wrote:
>> This is one thing I'd envision running on a community-focused OSGeo
>> web site for.. running polls.  I love running polls and surveys to
>> gauge public opinion.
>
> There's http://drupal.org/project/webform . It looks like a quick one.
> Tyler, perhaps you could raise the issue on the webcom list or even do
> the setup yourself, as the FOSS4G volunteers are already doing a lot.
> It could be a service of great use to future event planning, as well
> as an "outreach" gesture for a lot of FOSS4G attendees who may not be
> that well-connected to "the community".

I've put a note up to web site committee for comment and have
installed this module - it's a great find!  A couple quirks I'll have
to figure out (mainly permissions), but otherwise you can get some
great summaries out of it - very encouraging.  Once I've got feedback
from the webcom I'll come back here and we can finalise the questions.

Best wishes,
Tyler