[OSGeo-Conf] "OSGeo Teach-in

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Jun 9 17:46:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Daniel Morissette
<dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> However I do fear that opening the door to use of the
> brand by events on which OSGeo has no control involves a high risk of
> tarnishing the brand if one of those events screws up.

Dan,

Is it wise to say "no" to a good idea now, in order to avoid perhaps
having to say "no" to a bad idea in the future? This has been the
position of some on the board too, so you're in good company, at
least. But organizations that take no risks reap no rewards.

P.