[OSGeo-Conf] Conference policy

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jun 30 15:15:24 EDT 2008

Ok, even though only 4 of the 15 conference committee members [1]
voted, all four votes were in favor of allowing third party OSGeo
branded events.

With that established, the next step for the OSGeo conference
committee is to finalize a conference policy, that we can then
recommend to the Board.   I have combined Frank's recent
recommendations, as well as Markus' recent board meeting notes, into a
new succinct policy page [2].   I now call ALL conference committee
members to vote FOR or AGAINST this policy.  Again, since this is not
a specific vote for any specific event there should not be anyone
abstaining.  thank you.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Official_OSGeo_Conference_Policy

-jeff