[OSGeo-Conf] Seed funding for conferences?

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Thu Mar 13 05:25:10 EDT 2008

Our experience has been that although our RFP stated that OSGeo would
provide bridging funds, it seems the condition is that the board has to
approve the budget first and wrap up an agreement.

We've had no bridging funds from OSGeo, luckily GISSA was able to
provide them and now that support monies are starting to come in we
hopefully won't need any.

OSGeo and GISSA have agreed (without a formal written agreement so far)
to split any loss 1:1 and to split any profit 1:1:1 OSGeo:GISSA:SA
geoinformation education fund.

Gavin