[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Sydney and conference software

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat May 17 15:58:59 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
> I/we/many found the INDICO software from CERN (free software) used at
> http://www.foss4g2006.org
> pretty cool. Grab it here: http://cdsware.cern.ch/indico/
>
> Support:
> http://cdsware.cern.ch/indico/support.html

Folks,

For what it's worth, I'd like to see us manage presentation and workshop
submissions, selection and scheduling consistently year to year via some
package we keep.  But if we continue to do the conferences with a PCO, it
seems it might be best to leave registration and money taking to them.

I'm not really sure why INDICO wasn't the first thing we looked at instead of
the thing Tyler setup.  Honestly, I feel that the selection of conference
support software hasn't been addressed very carefully.  Tyler did an experiment
and asked for feedback but there wasn't much. Then we seemed to go ahead and
use it without any clear decision process.

Best regards,