[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Sydney and conference software

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat May 17 16:44:37 EDT 2008

INDICO was on the radar, but after discussing its strengths/
weaknesses with Claude and Luc (FOSS4G 2006) and doing some personal
tests, both OCS and INDICO came out pretty equal in fact - though
each with a seeming different set of weaknesses.  It was really down
to those two early on.  OCS runs on the same framework as the OJS
journal system, developed by the same group, which I was already
using, so installing it was as easy as can be.

We could really use someone with shell access to the server to be
able to help manage and oversee OCS (or INDICO) from here on out.
Jeff and Gavin have put the system through some tests, enough to be
able to want to keep using it.  I've seen this as great opportunity
for the conference committee to help from year to year, if volunteers
were available to help make it happen.  Like you say, there wasn't
much interest from the committee itself, so I just focused on trying
to move it forward working with Jeff and Gavin.  So here we are... :)

Tyler