[OSGeo-Conf] usage of "FOSS4G"

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue Oct 7 19:51:27 EDT 2008

In the email below Gavin uses "FOSS4G".

Do we need to, from a marketing point of view,
ensure that "FOSS4G" is not used unless it is
as part of the marketing of the actual FOSS4G
conference?

For example, Capetown now is 'associated with'
FOSS4G, having hosted FOSS4G 2008. Would having
the AfricaGIS conference include a 'FOSS4G track',
with dates immediately adjacent to FOSS4G 2009,
lead to any confusion or mixed messages?

Is it as simple as replacing "FOSS4G" with "OSGeo"
in Gavin's text?