[OSGeo-Conf] Speaker Discounts

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Oct 9 14:20:19 EDT 2008

The subject is a bit misleading, since Anselm weaves a larger critique
of the open source geospatial community in general after his specific
critique of the FOSS4G pricing.

http://lists.burri.to/pipermail/geowanking/2008-October/005650.html

However, I have heard this criticism before, in 2007, although usually
from alumni of O'Reilly conferences. See my followup. If we were
willing to up the general fee structure slightly and knew we were
going to have something like 700 attendees on 120 speakers, we could
at least provide a discounted admission to speakers.

If we wanted to, that is. Do we want to?

Paul