[OSGeo-Conf] 2010 hosting RFP plans

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Sep 16 15:32:11 EDT 2008

Jason,

Comments inline below:

Jason Birch wrote:
> Hmm.  I'm probably chiming in too late, but I have a few minor nits...
>
> - I'm a logo geek... is the new logo really squashed like that, or did someone do a proportional stretch that messed up its beautiful roundness?

I have posted a new version with another logo.  If I have failed again
maybe you could send me a logo to use (~600x300).

> Re: conference description...
>
>  - Isn't 2010 going to be the fifth FOSS4G conference, not the fourth?

The conference officially began being "presented by OSGeo" in 2007.  The
RFP states "...will be the fourth OSGeo conference" which is a correct
statement.  Technically you are also correct that it is the fifth
conference in row with the FOSS4G name, but even that is arguable since
the GRASS conference in 2004 coined that FOSS4G term.  Anyway I think we
should leave the statement as is to avoid all this.

>  - "growing quickly from anywhere from 200 to 700 people" -> would suggest: "growing quickly from 200 to 700 people"

done.

thanks for the input!

http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2010/osgeo-conference-2010-request-for-proposal.pdf

--