[OSGeo-Conf] 2011 Discussion

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 16 09:17:37 EDT 2009

+1 for Option A.

I also think we've reached a stage where explicit rotation (North
America, Europe, Other) would be very helpful in terms of soliciting
higher quality bids and encouraging regional events since folks on the
ground will know when the rotation will come to their part of the
world every 3 years.

Perhaps a way to do this is make the LOI stage explicitly for the
target region. If there are no LOIs from the region, or none deemed of
sufficient quality, then a second LOI round could be opened up to the
rest of the world? This would not completely tie our hands in the
event no one within the region of interest is able to put together a
satisfactory bid.

Dave

Dave McIlhagga
--