[OSGeo-Conf] Re:FOSS4G Conference Presentations and an academictrack

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu May 21 10:21:51 EDT 2009

More than anything else, the Sydney team needs someone with an
academic background to step up and take on the academic track:

- organizing the peer review panel
- selecting the publication mechanism
- selecting the papers for the academic track

In 2007 Tyler and members of the education committee did that for me,
which was invaluable. In 2008, a member of the LOC was sufficiently
academic to do it. For 2009, a volunteer from the academic community
is needed. Us ordinary folk don't understand what makes a good process
for this stuff, we need someone who does. Could that person be you,
Jorge?