[OSGeo-Conf] Re:FOSS4G Conference Presentations and an academictrack

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Fri May 22 05:23:53 EDT 2009

Hi Venka,

Thanks for supporting a serious academic track! Your Asian connections
are very welcome to the group.

I don't know if we can find a publisher willing to publish under CC. I
might be wrong, but their business is based on selling copy protected
material. But the challenge to find that publisher, with a different
business model, can be interesting.

Related with 'bibliometry' issues, I've attached an interesting article
for the weekend.

Let's start working on the call for papers. I'll add the draft of it
today, on the wiki.

Regards,

Jorge

--