RES: RES: [OSGeo-Conf] 2011 Process

Rafael Medeiros Sperb rsperb at univali.br
Tue Nov 3 14:39:13 EST 2009

Folks,

I want to make clear that GeoLivre is not a OSGeo-Br meeting, but rather a company's showcase. Therefore, is more oriented to display successful applications that OpenGeo has developed for its clients, especially the government.

In Brazil, we have started as early as 2002 our brazilian meetings, firstly as mapserver user's meetings (ENUM), and for the last 2 years, as a shy OSGeo-Br get together at the latinoware conference. But nothing compared with what we had in the past. OSGeo-Br came from those mapserver meetings. I believe we are still trying to move from it to OSGeo umbrella. It has been a little messy to this moment.

I do agree with Jorge that LA has a potential on its own. But thus far, there has been little movement to integrated portuguese and Spanish speaking countries. This would be the wise movement for next year.

Warm regards,

Rafael