RES: [OSGeo-Conf] 2011 Process

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 3 14:53:37 EST 2009

2009/11/3 Rafael Medeiros Sperb <rsperb at univali.br>:
> Folks,
>
> I want to make clear that GeoLivre is not a OSGeo-Br meeting, but rather a company's showcase. Therefore, is more oriented to display successful applications that OpenGeo has developed for its clients, especially the government.
>
> In Brazil, we have started as early as 2002 our brazilian meetings, firstly as mapserver user's meetings (ENUM), and for the last 2 years, as a shy OSGeo-Br get together at the latinoware conference. But nothing compared with what we had in the past. OSGeo-Br came from those mapserver meetings. I believe we are still trying to move from it to OSGeo umbrella. It has been a little messy to this moment.

Thanks for your comments Rafael,

It's a pitty that finally I wasn't able to attend Latinoware :(

Anyway, about gvSIG, a brazillian user group is emerging after the
Buenos Aires conf and it would be great to stay close to the OSGeo-br
people as in Spain. Both communities have a lot in common and many
opportunities to share and work together.

> I do agree with Jorge that LA has a potential on its own. But thus far, there has been little movement to integrated portuguese and Spanish speaking countries. This would be the wise movement for next year.

/me subscribing to the osgeo-br (and osgeo-pt!!) mailing lists... :-)

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía