[OSGeo-Conf] 2011 Next Step: Question period and voting

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Apr 26 17:41:26 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Jeff McKenna
<jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
> Thank you for those groups that submitted a letter of intent to host the
> 2011 event: Bogota Columbia, ConferenceDirect, and Denver United States.
>  The letters are all available at: http://www.osgeo.org/conference/rfp

Jeff,

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2011_Bid_Process

Our bid process said we were only accepting North American letters
this time out and would consider other regions in the event we didn't
get any North American ones, but you seem to imply in your e-mail that
the Columbian submission is on a par with the Denver submission.

But it's not, it's a backup in case there aren't any NA submissions.
IMO, unless Denver can't come up with an acceptable budget, we aren't
going to Columbia this round.

With due respect to Mr. Bell's enthusiasm, I also think we should rule
his letter as non-responsive, since it doesn't answer any of the Page
6 questions we asked to be answered (who is chair, who is committee,
what is venue, etc). If, once a LOC is selected, they wish to engage
ConferenceDirect, more power to them, but Mr. Bell's letter isn't a
bid per se.

That just leaves Denver, who should be asked to submit their full
proposal for consideration.

Am I missing anything?

Paul