[OSGeo-Conf] 2011 Next Step: Question period and voting

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 22:49:35 EDT 2010

Our 2010 Proposal estimated a $575 early registration fee. We (the Denver
LoC) didn't bother getting too detailed about the fees beyond this point. We
based our estimates on 1025 total attendees and 950 paid attendees. The
registration fee did include workshops and was based on a very conservative
sponsorship estimate. We could easily break out a separate workshop fee and
play with the registration fee based on a graduate fee.

As for the dates, as Helena stated there is never a perfect time. Early
December may also create a problem because AGU is relatively early. Autodesk
University is typically the week after the US Thanksgiving. That means there
is week between AU and AGU. Geoff Zeiss may be able to clarify as well as
let us know how much overlap there would be between AU and FOSS4G. It would
be challenging to have FOSS4G later in December, after AGU. But I'd rather
not discuss dates further until we have a clear indication that FOSS4G 2011
will be in Denver.

-Eric

Eric B. Wolf                    New! 720-334-7734
USGS Geographer
Center of Excellence in GIScience
PhD Student
CU-Boulder - Geography