[OSGeo-Conf] From the Denver LOC

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Apr 29 15:21:38 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, on everybody's mind is the question "When?" In our proposal last
> year, we were very clear about the dates of the conference. For several
> reasons, such as conflicting conferences, the Denver LOC would like to
> explore other dates with the Conference Committee. I will begin the process
> my creating a list on the Wiki of Fall 2011 conferences and events that may
> be seen to conflict:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2011_Other_Conferences

Thanks Eric, I have added a couple conferences that have the foresight
to set their dates in advance. I'm afraid most of the other ones are
still unknown. GSDI 13 for example will fall at some point in the
fall, as will the annual URISA conference, as will one of the OGC TC
meetings, but there's nothing we can do about those. Hopefully by now
they'll consider *us* important enough to avoid double-booking their
events on top of.

I'll continue to express my preference for early fall, since (a) I
hate the cold and (b) I don't want to get enmeshed in the USA
Thanksgiving period and (c) it keeps us in a date range which we have
been pretty good at remaining inside to since 2007. (The later dates
for 2008/2009 had much to do with replacing "early fall" with "early
spring" for the antipodal locations they were held in.)

Yours,

Paul