[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [mapserver-dev] GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 15:30:49 EDT 2010

The Association of American Geographers (AAG) has been trying to limit
people to one presentation, panel or poster. Their's is more a logistical
problem. It's very hard to find a venue that can handle 8000+ attendees and
even harder to coordinate presentations sessions in a way that makes sense.
Limiting each person to one presentation is reasonable.

Another way we can "borrow" from AAG is to have themed sessions with their
own organizers. The organizer will submit a proposal for a session (4
presentations). Presenters can specify that their presentation is for a
specific session. Then the organizer picks and chooses which are best. Alex
did this at AAG in Las Vegas and was allocated two sessions (8
presentations) and a discussion panel.

-Eric

Eric B. Wolf                    New! 720-334-7734
USGS Geographer
Center of Excellence in GIScience
PhD Student
CU-Boulder - Geography