[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [mapserver-dev] GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 7 16:40:14 EDT 2010

Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:

> Not so sure about the restriction of one presentation per organizations.
> If an org can afford to send several presenters, good for them, good for
> us. If they mess up it will show.

I agree that a hard rule of one presentation per organization may not
make much sense nor be the best option, but at least the number of
presentations any single organization already got could be taken into
account when breaking ties for the last few slots to give a chance to .
(Hopefully that's happening already)

> But this does not solve the problem that currently one has to submit
> several talks in the hope that one "will make it". I have no good idea
> how to deal with that.

Another idea to free some spots without losing interesting topics is to
get back to those (people/orgs/projects) with multiple talks on similar
topics that made the initial cut and ask them if they could merge two
(or more) proposals into a single presentation (we did this for
Rendez-vous OSGeo-Qc). Doing this would have freed a few slots in this
years's program. Chances are that anyway the multiple proposals were
submitted in the first place in the hope that at least one would make it.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/