[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [mapserver-dev] GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 17:15:57 EDT 2010

One oral and one poster per first (corresponding) author
may be a good rule to follow. And as I have been saying
before, try to reduce length of general presentations
from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.

I guess that the comments that Daniel mentioned below
mostly concern the General Presentation Track.

In the Academic Track at FOSS4G2010, the acceptance
has been quite high. Some presenters opted for
either oral or poster and a good number of excellent
poster presentations have been selected.

We have to find ways to make the poster sessions
lively and interactive. I do not think that one
hour core time for poster presenters to be available
at their poster display is too short.

Venka