[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [mapserver-dev] GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Tyler Erickson tylerickson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:45:04 EDT 2010

Why not limit presenters to only one talk submission?  I've seen other
conferences with that restriction.  For the most part it seems to be a
beneficial, by encouraging presenters to submit their best work, rather than
submitting multiple abstracts.

As a concrete example, the AGU fall meeting limits potential presenters to
the submission of one abstract (of which they are the primary author).
However, a presenter can be listed as a non-primary author on other's
abstract submission.  Since the primary presenter for each talk has to
register for the conference, it limits the number of abstracts and
(presumably) increases the quality.

- Tyler