[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [mapserver-dev] GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 20:19:52 EDT 2010

Selecting presentations is tough.

Conference organisors have many conflicting priorities, some very vocal
observers (in software developers), and very silent 50% (in the local
gis industry).

I haven't analysed the foss4g 2010 presentation selections and I don't
intend too. It was hard enough in 2009. I assume that 2010 followed a
similar process of picking the popularly ranked projects, and then also
guessed at some of the presentations which the silent half would like to
see.

It is a tough call, and I thank them for taking on the very tough and
mostly thankless task.