[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [mapserver-dev] GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 20:59:40 EDT 2010

On 08/07/10 05:21, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> People annoyed their talk wasn't selected: News at 11.

After reading other comments, I feel I need to add one more thing:

 From memory, for FOSS4G 2009, OpenGeo had 9 presentations ranked by the
community in the to 30 (out of 180 or so). We did try to reduce the
number of presentations from each person and each organisation, but in
some cases, it just didn't make sense.

I guess the best lesson is that if you want to get your presentation
into FOSS4G, study OpenGeo's very compelling presentation descriptions
(as well as the compelling products they talk about).

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally