[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [mapserver-dev] GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Thu Jul 8 01:58:38 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have not been reading the corresponding mails on the mapserver-dev
list, but from what I have been reading here I would like to toss in my
2 cent.

Limiting the presentations to one per person disregarding the topics
they talk on would obviously not make much sense. So instead of focusing
too much on the number of talks per person, I would value it higher to
ensure that the OSGeo-Gathering-Of-Tribes (FOSS4G) will first of all
represent all OSGeo projects equally well, while also giving other
(non-OSGeo) open source projects a fair chance to present their projects
and work.

So instead of focusing on "how many presenters from whatever
company/organization?" I suggest to focus on "does the conference
program present the OSGeo projects well?". Once that is achieved, give
the remaining free slots to non-OSGeo open source projects so they may
gather enough momentum to join OSGeo in the near of far future.

With regard to what Cameron said about the hard job of choosing which
abstract to accept: I am glad that it is not my duty to do the selection.

Kind regards,
Judit