[OSGeo-Conf] Call for Vote: 2011 document ready for release

Arnulf Christl seven at arnulf.us
Wed Mar 17 09:59:10 EDT 2010

Thanks for all the good work!

+1

If there is still room for little amendments, I have the following
proposals (just returned from Barcelona where I assisted Lorenzo with
2010 preparation and we came up with a few intersting points)

On page 5 it says:

In return, it is expected that the conference will be budgeted to
produce some revenue ($20K) for OSGeo, using conservative expected
attendance and sponsorship estimates.

change to something like:

In return, it is expected that the conference will be budgeted to
produce a revenue of at least $20K for OSGeo, using conservative
expected attendance and sponsorship estimates. Any larger amount is
highly appreciated (or some such wording).

Wrt to the program we could suggest that the structure is already well
planned and does not have to be recreated from scratch. There is no need
to re-discuss how many presentations in one block, timing, breaks, etc.
But just as a suggestion, if they are keen on making it completely
different, that's fine too. It should be clear that we need at least a
dozen workshop slots, better would be two dozen.

Sorry to have last minute suggestions, if that is out of scope I am fine
to go with it as is.

Regards,
Arnulf.