[OSGeo-Conf] Call for Vote: 2011 document ready for release

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Mar 17 23:54:55 EDT 2010

Thanks for the feedback Arnulf, comments inline:

Arnulf Christl wrote:

> Thanks for all the good work!
>
> +1
>
> If there is still room for little amendments, I have the following
> proposals (just returned from Barcelona where I assisted Lorenzo with
> 2010 preparation and we came up with a few intersting points)

ah excellent.  In fact I have spoken to a few people about my desire to
see that preparation trip as part of the request for hosting someday in
the future (each LOC will fund a representative of the OSGeo conference
committee for one visit to the host venue to assist in preparations).
Let's chat face to face about this idea someday.

> On page 5 it says:
>
> In return, it is expected that the conference will be budgeted to
> produce some revenue ($20K) for OSGeo, using conservative expected
> attendance and sponsorship estimates.
>
> change to something like:
>
> In return, it is expected that the conference will be budgeted to
> produce a revenue of at least $20K for OSGeo, using conservative
> expected attendance and sponsorship estimates. Any larger amount is
> highly appreciated (or some such wording).

Thanks, I've added your text and uploaded the new file.

> Wrt to the program we could suggest that the structure is already well
> planned and does not have to be recreated from scratch. There is no need
> to re-discuss how many presentations in one block, timing, breaks, etc.
> But just as a suggestion, if they are keen on making it completely
> different, that's fine too. It should be clear that we need at least a
> dozen workshop slots, better would be two dozen.

I don't think we have a program section in the existing document.  Can
you point me to where you are referring to exactly?  Also, if you can
suggest the exact wording that would also speed things up.

(however I worry that adding a new program section will cause quite a
lot of discussion and delay this document's release....but, if we can
come up with some text quickly sure let's do it!)

> Sorry to have last minute suggestions, if that is out of scope I am fine
> to go with it as is.

No problem, that is why I called for the vote - to get some feedback.

-jeff