[OSGeo-Conf] Call for Vote: 2011 document ready for release

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 15:38:45 EDT 2010

A belated +1 from me. Sorry, I sometimes don't get to foss4g emails till
the weekend. Some comments targeted for future releases, which need not
go into the current RFQ:

* One of the issues we ran into with our 2009 PCO was their
unwillingness to share documents under an Open Licence.
I think it is important to state our preference for tenderers who will
use Open Sharing of all conference material generated, otherwise PCOs
will not adhere to this criteria after they have secured the conference.
(They have a lot of IP tied up in budgets and specific documents which
they don't like sharing with competition)

* At FOSS4G 2011, I suggest that we invite potential bidders 2013 and
maybe 2014 bidders to announce their interest to host a conference.