[OSGeo-Conf] My Beijing and Prague questions

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Aug 27 11:07:12 EDT 2011

On 11-08-27 8:24 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> 2. Since 2009, the foss4g conference has paid for a DVD of OSGeo
> software to be handed to all foss4g delegates, and also some USBs as
> well. (as per http://live.osgeo.org). Will you be able to incorporate
> this into your budget as well?

Note that this is not a requirement for FOSS4G.  Cameron maybe you would
like to propose this to the rest of the OSGeo conference committee for
the next RFP?  Personally I received so much strong feedback from the
2009 experience of OSGeo sponsors not being represented on your dvd, I
am extremely hesitant...but you developed it so I don't blame you for
pushing it, I admire you for that really.  But I would like to remain
neutral for foss4g (can you imagine me wanting MS4W in every attendee's
pocket?  marketing gold i know).  So I apologize if we must remain neutral.

-jeff