[OSGeo-Conf] Confirming Beijing 2012 Date

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 04:50:41 EST 2011

Gao,
I like what you have done with the image.
For the text, I suggest that you can reduce white space by re-arranging
similar to previous years to something like:

FOSS4G
Beijing 2012
Sept 10-15

or

FOSS4G
Bejing 2012
Sept 10-15
Free and Open Source
for Geospatial

Have a look at:
http://2011.foss4g.org
http://2010.foss4g.org
http://2009.foss4g.org

On 12/11/2011 2:40 PM, Gao Ang wrote:
> Hi Arnulf:
>
> We have made the preview edition of redesigned logo with red ribbon.
> Besides, we also designed the fist edition of poster and conference
> website. We need one week to organize content and lunch the website.
> Should we discuss the 2012 conference at the new maillist and report
> the latest improvement of foss4g 2012 here?
>
> Best Regrads.
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 9:55 PM, xianfeng song<song.osgeo at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi, Arnulf,
>>
>> Thanks for opening the Wiki and mailinglist of FOSS4G 2012. I have informed
>> my colleagues here to take full use of these infrastructures. We currently
>> have five LOC members, and more members are expected in future. I have
>> learned how to use Wiki after a half-hour testing wiki-edit. It is a good
>> tool for publishing.
>>
>> Best,
>> Song
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Seven (aka Arnulf)<seven at arnulf.us>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Song,
>>> thank you for the quick feedback.
>>>
>>> We have now started a mailing list [1] specifically for the organization
>>> of FOSS4G. This will help to keep everyone up to date and make it easier
>>> to refer to decisions when new people join in. Could you please all make
>>> sure that the members of the Local Organizing Committee join this list?
>>>
>>> Additionally it would be helpful to see a list of the people who are
>>> involved with organizing FOSS4G, from the top level down to the ground
>>> work folks. This will make it much easier to interact for all of us.
>>> Ideally your team can create an OSGeo user account and add themselves to
>>> the FOSS4G 2012 Wiki [2] page to get this list started. We will use the
>>> Wiki a lot for organization and referencing things so everybody should
>>> have an account.
>>>
>>> Please do not hesitate to use this mail list and the Wiki for anything
>>> related to FOSS4G in Beijing - including issues that you may have with
>>> the way we usually organize this conference and which might conflict
>>> with your style of doing things.
>>>
>>> If you are not familiar with MediaWiki we can arrange for a short
>>> Webinar to introduce to the basic editing functions. This should take no
>>> more than an hour of online conference.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Arnulf

>>> Please be aware that this list is open to the public.
>>> [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2012_LOC_members_and_assignments

>>> - --
>>> Exploring Space, Time and Mind
>>> http://arnulf.us