[OSGeo-Conf] name of the game (conference-cee)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 5 16:47:18 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff and others,
>
> even if it would be nice to be able to use the FOSS4G brand in the name of
> the conference, I can also see your points. If most of you agree, that there
> should be only *one* FOSS4G, I can fully understand that, but please make
> this decision somewhat fast. We would like setup new name, which will last
> for longer then a season. Foss4g-cee would be natural choice. Anything else
> we will have to think about it.

Jachym,

My claim would be that the conference committee, and OSGeo
should not really be a gatekeeper for the FOSS4G name.  I'm not
sure how others feel exactly.  However, if you feel strongly that you
want a statement from OSGeo permitting you to use the name
FOSS4G-CEE then let me know and I will make a motion to that
effect here on the conference list.  A motion is really the only way
to actually make a decision.

Best regards,