[OSGeo-Conf] Motion Regarding FOSS4G-CEE Name

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 6 13:57:44 EDT 2011

Motion: The OSGeo Conference Committee on behalf of OSGeo
declares that it has no objection to the name FOSS4G-CEE being
used for an open source geospatial conference in central and eastern
europe organized by a group including Karel Charvat and Jachym
Cepicky.

+1 Frank

------

Note, that I am not implying that OSGeo necessarily has or does not
have a right to police the use of the FOSS4G name.

I believe by normal OSGeo committee rules there should be two
business days for the motion which means it won't close till around
this time on Monday.  Anyone can express their opinion on the motion
but only the votes from the committee literally count.  Jeff as chair can
decide how to proceed if anyone on the committee veto's (ie. -1).  As
chair he has latitude to extend things in an effort to reach consensus.
I'm not sure that we have established standard rules for overriding a
veto in OSGeo committees.