[OSGeo-Conf] Conference for Central and Eastern Europe

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:30:37 EDT 2011

Hi folks,
we are having a great time, here on Foss4g, and the atmosphere is just
full of ideas, flowing in the air, waiting for someone, who pick them.

To make it short, we started think about one of Foss4g Conference
Committee scopes:

* possibly support other affiliated conferences

"We" the members of Central and East European Foss4g community (no
formal body yet - just several people who meet here in Denver from
Czech, Romania, Poland) have considered, that it would be nice to
organize such local event, which would rotate around Central- and
East-European area.

We hope, you support this idea and we would like to clarify some
questions, regarding for example the name of the event, conditions and
forms of support, which we can expect or might need from OSGeo etc.
Till now, we are working with name

	FOSS4G-CEE

For

	Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial - Central and
	East Europe.

There has been no official body setuped yet. But we would like to
organize first event during May 2012. For organization purposes, we
would like to use OSGeo infrastructure (mailing lists, wiki, IRC) - also
because of the organization might move from team to team each year.

I already started to work within the wiki [1], were I hope to put some
informations about the event. And we would like to put initial committee
together for this conference-cee event, which would guarantee the
continuity from year to year asap (time is running).

So, do you support the idea? How about the name "Foss4g-CEE"? Any
conditions - financial, organizational, ... ? Any tips and hints, how to
approach with the decision process?

Jachym

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference-CEE