[OSGeo-Conf] Local and regional conference planning

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:24:40 EDT 2011

Karel,
The easiest part of organising a conference will be getting approval and
endorsement from OSGeo.
I'm reasonably confident that if you put forward a reasonable proposal,
which has engagement from local communities and which considers impacts
on other events in your region, that you will get support from the
greater OSGeo community. (The community will likely have many
suggestions on how to tweak your conference, which will generally be
positive).

So my suggestion is:
1. Flesh out your idea.
2. Engage key stakeholders
3. Put a proposal forward with key ideas
4. Work with community to refine initial proposal