[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2013 questions

Pekka Sarkola pekka at gispo.fi
Fri Apr 6 10:22:24 EDT 2012

Gavin,

We wrote short letter in Finnish about this subject, here is my shorter
version of it:
--
Use of Open Source solution is expanding in private and public sector. Mixed
use of closed and open source software will raise productive and efficiency.

National Land Survey of Finland will open all their Topographic Information
on 1st of May, 2012. Opening other public information data sources in near
future, will make Finland to be very interesting living laboratory use of
open data. Cooperation with open source developers overseas, will give great
possibility to Finnish developers to expand their knowledge and talent.
--

We don't have active OSGeo Local Chapter in Finland. FOSS4G will give big
boost to use and develop FOSS4G solutions in Finland and in neighboring

Rgs,

Pekka

---- Pekka Sarkola - pekka.sarkola at gispo.fi - www.gispo.fi ----