[OSGeo-Conf] 2013 Letter of Intent Results

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Apr 16 14:20:58 EDT 2012

Conference committee, submitters,
Thanks for your patience,

The letter-of-intent phase requested potential FOSS4G hosts to submit
a short letter describing their location, committee and venue.
Committee members are then asked to select *one* LOI they favor, and
only hosts who garner support from two or more members move forward to
the full proposal stage. This preliminary phase exists to ensure that
sites that have very little support from the committee are not put
through the full proposal process when they have essentially no chance
of becoming the chosen site.

In the interests of (partial) transparency, the results are:

- Nottingham 4
- Helsinki 2
- Prague 1

Nottingham and Helsinki are therefore invited to submit full proposals
by the May 31, 2012 deadline. If you would prefer to withdraw and do
not plan to submit a full proposal, please let me know as soon as
possible.

Astute observers will note that only half of the committee [1]
participated in the process. I would like to respectfully invite those
members who did not participate to tender their resignations so the
committee can add new members who have the time to participate.

Yours,

Paul
2013 RFP Shepherd

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members