[OSGeo-Conf] 2013 Letter of Intent Results

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:10:22 EDT 2012

For the record, I voted, but was considering not voting as I was so
impressed with the quality of teams behind each submission that I was
finding it difficult to rule one out.

For the people feeling pressured to resign, I'd be inclined to consider
whether you do plan to contribute in a positive way to the committee in
future. If yes, then please hang around. It is valuable to have a
breadth of experience and mentorship available. Different people step up
to different types of calls for help. Some will vote, others will step
in and offer advice to upcoming conferences, etc. It is all valuable.

If other activities are now consuming your time, then thanks for your
contributions to date, and maybe it is time to step aside. New blood is
less likely to volunteer for a committee which has many more experienced
people involved who don't need any help.