[OSGeo-Conf] Analysing the downfall of FOSS4G 2011

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Aug 16 13:25:07 PDT 2012

Hi David,

Here is what is running through my mind: relying on the Board to make
the FOSS4G hosting decision currently means 8 people would decide (and
75% of them are NorthAmericans); I've always tried to make sure that the
Conference Committee is global (usually 50% NorthAmerican or less) and
we move the FOSS4G event around the world; Charter membership is
extremely global (39% NorthAmerican).

It is unfortunate that we may have to move all this conference-dev stuff
to the Board I believe (even though I straddle both sides of this).  But
I cannot argue with Dave's, your's, or Paul's statements, you all make
great points.

-jeff