[OSGeo-Conf] Analysing the downfall of FOSS4G 2011

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 22:56:15 PDT 2012

Matthew, I think that you are on the right track here.
We should ensure there is an expectation that if volunteers step up and
help you get your conference going, then at some point you will give
back in a similar way, maybe afterwards to another conference.
This should be matched by ensuring the process to contribute is not seen
as daunting, and there is a clear path for people to get involved. Very
often the most effective contributors are people who start an email by
saying something like:
"I am a simple community member at large who enjoyed the Denver
conference. ..."

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager