[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] FOSS4G North America 2013

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 21 04:28:53 PDT 2012

On 12-08-21 1:00 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Immediate question we are trying to answer is: Is OSGeo able to
> financially guarantee both FOSS4G-NA and FOSS4G-Nottingham, and is OSGeo
> willing to do so?

Hi Cameron,

I was hoping to get direction from the Board yesterday on this important
topic but we ran out of time at the meeting.  Indeed it seems we need a
"Board Strategy" discussion/decision in regards to FOSS4G, before we can
jump ahead.

There are of course many more events outside of NorthAmerica that could
use OSGeo assistance, so this is an important decision.  Maybe we should
put out a statement that "OSGeo will financially support x number of
events each year, for a potential of x amount each".   However how would
we decide on what events to support?

-jeff