[OSGeo-Conf] [OSGeo-Discuss] regional conferences

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 05:08:37 PDT 2012

If there are regional events in every continent except for the continent where the global event is being run we may risk diluting interest in the global event.

We will have the global FOSS4G in Europe in 2013 (either UK or Finland will host) we would expect to see less delegates from outside of Europe if there are North American, Asian and other regional events.

Perhaps a compromise would be to ensure that the timing of regional events is as close as possible to 6 months away from the global event?

Cheers

Steven Feldman