[OSGeo-Conf] Short summary of FOSS4G 2012 LOC's work in Feb.
cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 06:41:18 EST 2012
Thank you for the update.
It is good to hear that you are making progress on the list below. Good
With regards to advice:
* Conference events such as FOSS4G succeed if there is a strong feeling
of confidence from everyone that the event will be a success.
* Potential attendees will come, if they think that there will be lots
of high profile and interesting presenters and exhibitors
* Exhibitors will come if they think there will be lots of attendees
* Presenters will come if they think there will be lots of attendees
So what should an organising committee do to help facilitate this?
* Do lots of talking and press releases, and blogs etc.
* Talk about all the good news stories.
* Do you know of a group of people attending? Talk about it publicly.
* Do you know about sponors? Talk about it.
* Will there be lots of local Chinese attendees? Talk about it.
On 7/03/2012 1:23 PM, 熊洁 wrote:
> Dear all,
> In Feburary 2012, the venue of the conference is determined. It will
> be in Beijing Conference Center（北京会议中心
> http://www.beijinghuiyizhongxin.com/en.aspx）,which is a 4+ star
> conference center providing a full package of service, including
> conference, repast, accommodation, entertainment and so on.
> And the LOC has successfully negotiated with Beijing Conference Center
> to purchase in government procurement, thus, the price would be
> cheaper and the facility used will be one of the best. The
> accommodation price for FOSS4G 2012 participants in the center will be
> only RMB 300-400 yuan.
> About the website of the conference, the LOC has outsourced the
> website construction work to 3SNews.net. The contract has been signed,
> and the website will be online soon.
> And the LOC is negotiating with several sponsors in China. We are
> speeding up the work and will make time up.
> Best wishes,
> FOSS4G 2012 LOC
> Conference_dev mailing list
> Conference_dev at lists.osgeo.org
Geospatial Solutions Manager
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
Think Globally, Fix Locally
Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Conference_dev