[OSGeo-Conf] Re: FOSS4G Beijing - a regional event

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri May 25 16:00:34 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM, Tanner Lin <public.t.lin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe they're working on something else, maybe not. Haven't heard much from
> the LOC.
>
> Most pages of the website has been left untouched for long. Beside the
> problems you two pointed out, there're many other issues (orthographic,
> grammatical, logical) to be dealt with.
>
> Before any response come from the LOC, can the domain owner redirect
> 2012.foss4g.org to another server, which can be updated ? It should be easy
> to copy-paste the website and correct the mistakes. I'll post a list of
> problems I found if you folks think a temporary server switch is
> appropriate.

Tanner,

While technically we could redirect 2012.foss4g.org to somewhere we
control, I believe that would be inappropriate.  The current web site,
flawed though it is, was recently put in place by the LOC and is
available for them to revise.   I do not think it would be encouraging
the correct sort of responsibility for us to seize it out of the LOCs
hands.

Best regards,