[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] FOSS4G rotation

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 13:37:00 PDT 2013

Cameron, I'm aware of board priorities, but I think, the message from
OSGeo (board) to the community is just not communicated well (clear
enough). Please tell me, if there is web presentation (single web page),
which would clearly say how things are:

1) OSGeo is taking the financial risks for the global and some regional
conferences
2) To organize such event, we need in general about $xK
3) And that are the reasons, why we ask for revenue

The questions from the community to the board and conference committee
are just coming again and again: "why are you asking so much for Open
Source conference, why isn't it (preferably) for free?"

Maybe I'm wrong - that are just my impressions, that some statements,
clear to the long-time board members are not clear to larger crowd of
the community.

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky